torstai 17. lokakuuta 2013

Android package sign problem

So I ran into trouble when trying to publish my first Qt application on google Play store (using Qt 5.1.1, and Qt Creator 2.8.1). First of all I learned that "The Android system requires that all installed applications be digitally signed with a certificate whose private key is held by the application's developer" (more info here). Luckily Qt Creator 2.8.1 already includes an automated tool for creating this private keystore, so there's little extra effort involved. So I created a new keystore, signed my application with it and compiled the release version. But when I tried to deploy the app to my cellphone through Qt Creator, it would not start at all.

Turns out that the problem was that the default signing algorithm has changed between JDK 6 and JDK 7. So if you have JDK 7 installed your package will get signed with an unacceptable algorithm. More on this problem can be found here. My solution was to temporarily replace JDK 7 with JDK 6 (not the best solution). After this I could succesfully deploy the signed package.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti